Saturday, November 20, 2010

Proust Questionnaire

I just love reading the Proust Questionnaire answers in Vanity Fair. Here are my responses from 2009, I think I'll put any 2010 updates in parenthesis...


1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? shopping with a glass of champagne in my hand and endless cash (with my family and friends)
2. What is your greatest fear? losing my loved ones

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? jealousy
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? cruelty
5. Which living person do you most admire? my Dad
6. What is your greatest extravagance? red wine and long, hot showers
7. What is your current state of mind? kind of blue (slightly optimistic)
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? patience
9. On what occasion do you lie? when I tell myself I can afford that new dress
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? where do I begin...
11. Which living person do you most despise? Michael Vick
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? sense of humor/kindness (and a humble intelligence)
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? sense of humor/fierce loyalty
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "I need a drink" (and "so")
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? my Dad, Emma, and Lily
16. When and where were you happiest? on my 22nd birthday with my Dad in Las Vegas and at the Chiarello Vineyard in St. Helena
17. Which talent would you most like to have? singing (and dancing)
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? where do I begin... (to be able to enjoy the present more)   
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? my loyalty
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Sherlock Holmes with my same Dad, and two Scotties - Emma and Lily
21. Where would you most like to live? Paris (I have no idea)
22. What is your most treasured possession? my full length Banana Republic navy peacoat and my MacBook (I truly treasure all of my possessions)
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? loneliness
24. What is your favorite occupation? fashion designer/wine taster
25. What is your most marked characteristic? wine drinker
26. What do you most value in your friends? loyalty and individuality
27. Who are your favorite writers? F. Scott Fitzgerald and Woody Allen (and Paul Simon)
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Carrie Bradshaw/Sherlock Holmes
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Dean Martin
30. Who are your heroes in real life? my Dad
31. What are your favorite names? Lily and Emma
32. What is it that you most dislike? any form of suffering
33. What is your greatest regret? any harm I may of caused
34. How would you like to die? while shopping with a glass of champagne in my hand (or peacefully in my sleep)
35. What is your motto? "Don't worry, be happy" ("I like a generous pour.")

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had a full length navy peacoat from Banana Republic!

    ReplyDelete