Thursday, November 4, 2010

I recently contributed a line to an online collaborative story and just loved the whole concept. Each person adds a sentence in the "comments" to create an ongoing story. If you are up for a little adventure, please add a line or two and let's see what develops...

20 comments:

  1. The minutes slowly dragged as the excitement was building, could this really be happening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not for the racing of my heart, I'd swear it was a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally....a knock on the door. Adam had told me that "I would not be disappointed", but as I opened the door I was hardly prepared for the enchantment of her presence. She was dressed casually....sandals, a yellow print sundress and a wide brimmed brown hat which accentuated her long brown hair and deep suntan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still euphoric from a kiss on the cheek, it then suddenly hit me... tickets to an ice hockey game were not going to work. It was time for Plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost in her eyes, I could scarcely breathe. "Angelina, would you be up for a picnic on the beach? I've the makings for a gourmet feast!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. However, the gun in her hand, previously concealed by her purse and now pointing at my heart, told me that I was wasting my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Don’t play coy with me Mark” she demanded. “You know my name isn’t Angelina and that I’m in no mood for a picnic.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I blinked several times. I finally managed to croak out, "Who's Mark?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just then "Angelina" ripped off her hat, the hair went with it, revealing her bald head and a nasty scar that ran ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She handed me the hat and said "You're going to need this, let's go" as she took my hand and dragged me out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't argue with the gun in her hand so off we went to her car. Driving in the small sedan to who knows where was made almost pleasant by the pop standards playing on the radio... "just the way you look tonight"...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We arrived at a lush, secluded little park and got out of the car. Gun still pointed at me, we headed toward a rather intricate and beautiful fountain. I was sure that I had driven by this place a hundred times before, but right now it seemed as foreign to me as if I had been dropped in the middle of the Sahara.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is, if the Sahara had fountains. And no sand. And a wrought-iron fence around it. At least the two large men waiting near the fountain looked vaguely like Arabs, if you ignored their trench coats and baseball caps. Okay, maybe it was as foreign to me as if I'd been dropped off in the Bronx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finally a familiar face, Adam approaches and orders “Angelina” to drop the gun. “I’m sorry Mark, I know this isn’t what you signed up for but you were the only one for the job.”

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Again with Mark? Adam you know my name is..." Adam shot me a look I couldn't describe, but the message was clear - zip it! And so I did...

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...for a moment, but I could bare it no more. "Listen" I said. "Someone is going to tell me what's going on!" As I spoke, "Angelina" raised her gun. I followed it with my eyes as it moved. "Say it. Don't spray it!" she hissed, as she drug the back of her hand across her brow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It started slowly from a grin to a smile till we broke out in unrestrained laughter. Adam was surprised, no stunned as the tension in the room melted like ice cream on a Memphis sidewalk in the middle of July. "But, but...how?" was all he could stammer as I slowly started to explain.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. "You are not who you think you are" I declared.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking to the large men waiting near the fountain I said, "We're going to need a drink." I asked Adam to sit and large man #1 revealed a bottle of wine. Large man #2 provided the opener and 3 glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Look, I had no idea what was going on until "Angelina" here started laughing, and then it all hit me... the scar, the music in the car, the wine toting henchmen..."

    ReplyDelete